The original Carlisle Light Infantry was officially born on July 4, 1784 when Captain Robert Magaw, its first Captain, paraded the company in front of the Carlisle Courthouse. This July will mark the 234th birthday of our organization.
In honor of those who came before us, the CLI will be gathering on the battlefield at the Gettysburg National Military Park on Saturday, July 7, 2018. Our purpose will be to give a oral history of our unit, and what they did on that very battlefield on July 2, 1863.
- Saturday, July 7, 2018
- 09:00 to 14:00 approx.
Recommended Load Out:
- Hydration Bladder (up to 3 liters of water)
- Snacks (optional)
- Bug Spray (Gettysburg is known for ticks)
- Suntan lotion (you’ll need it, even if it’s cloudy)
- CLI Low Profile Uniform (preferably the CLI polo shirt, tactical pants/shorts (tan or of similar color.)) IF you don’t have the CLI Uniform Polo Shirt – just wear a neutral colored shirt so you’ll fit in with the rest of us.
- NO CAMOUFLAGE
- Comfortable boots/shoes to walk in, we’ll be covering some terrain so please make sure your feet are prepared.
The rally point will be at Parking Lot No. 3, Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center. Rally time will be 09:00.
Address: Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325. Make sure you are looking for LOT 3.